Now you are ready to begin your home search. Here are some of the common mistakes home buyers make during the home buying process and how to avoid them.
Do’s & Don’ts of Buying a Home
• …Provide all documents requested as soon as possible and keep all original paystubs, bank statements, tax returns and other financial documentation handy as you receive it. You may be required to update your loan file during the process.
• …Notify us if you are planning on receiving a gift for the down payment or closing costs.
• …Notify us if you have any upcoming financial expenditures coming up during the loan process that will lower your assets
• …Notify us if you have any upcoming employment changes, raises, promotions, change in pay structure, medical leave, etc.
• …Respond promptly to all requests to provide documentation, sign documents, answer questions, etc.
• …Notify us if you are going on vacation at any time during the process.
• …Be flexible and make yourself available for your home inspection and your closing appointment